National Technician F.I.T. Professional P.T.R. – Director General of the Academy
Born in Palazzolo sull’Oglio in 1965, Renato Vavassori had a brilliant career as a professional first and then as a technician, arriving in 1992 to found the Tennis Academy that bears his name.
- Youth activity: winner Under-18 tournament in Verona (I.T.F. world circuit)
- Best world ranking: 314 ATP
- Best national ranking A No. 13 operational ranking
- Best player of category B year 1988
- He played the Italian Serie A team for 6 years
Experiences as a technician
- 2 Italian titles and 3 “Final Four”, as captain of the T.C. Bolzano in the Italian Serie A Championship
- Tennis School Director Merano (from 1989 to 1992)
- Responsible for the Technical Sector of Trentino Alto Adige (from 1990 to 1991)
- Head of the Technical Sector of Lombardy (from 1998 to 2003 and from 2005 to 2006 – Vittoria Coppa Belardinelli)
- Coach of professional players such as Claudio Pistolesi, Omar Camporese, Marlene Weingartner and Margotto, Bertolini, Gasbarri, Ardinghi, Bruno, Meneschincheri
- Assistant technician of the National Youth representatives of the F.I.T., both in the Panatta management and in that of Tomáš Šmíd.
- National Captain U18 in the Valerio Cup with Galimberti and Tarallo
- National Team U18 in the World Team Junior Cup in Wiesbaden
- Representative Captain U16 European Championships in Brussels (1995)
- Member of the staff of Adriano Panatta in the “Adriano Panatta Tennis Lessons Tour” Project
- Member of the “Tennis 2000 Project” of the F.I.T.
- Responsible for the Tennis Sector of “Bergamo Sport” Municipality of Bergamo (from 2004 to 2005)
- Current Head of the Tennis Sector of “Milano Sport”, Municipality of Milan
- National Team U18 in the “European Junior Challenge 2007”, a qualified team at the world stage that took place in Auckland in February 2007
- Coach of the year P.T.R. in 2005 and 2007
- CIP Regional Technical Referent for the discipline of wheelchair tennis in 2009
- ITF representative in Jordan, December 2017
“When I was very young I really wanted to emerge; everyone said that I had sports talent both in football and tennis, but I never found a mentalized and professional environment and not even a real mentor! (…) I’m sure that if another Vavassori was found within our system, we would certainly find a way to help him express his full potential “.